Of course you might respond that this was post-hoc reasoning on my part. Still if you read my intent as to what I am trying to do it is an appropriate rating. Or is it?
This made me wonder how about testing other sites to see how good this is? What about the claimed reasoning age of newspapers? I expect the tabloids to have a lower reading age than the broadsheets.
- Daily Mail: Junior High School
- The Sun :Junior High School
- The Telegraph :Unable to parse
- BBC News :College (Undergrad)
- The Times : High School
- The Guardian : High School
- The Daily Mirror : Junior High School
- The Independent : College (Postgrad)
A final reflection is that if I really want to get my points across I need to lower my rating to the High School level. If the Times and Guardian broadsheets can do this, then so can I!
Blogged with Flock